How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Marinate beef in dale’s Seasoning 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to grilling. A zip-lock bag works great to ensure even coating.
- Allow ¾ to 1lb. per person for bone-in steak or ½ lb. per person for boneless steak.
- Choose steaks that are at least 1 inch thick.
- Trim off fat to 1/8 inch and score the edges to keep them from curling on the grill.
- Flip steak when the juices start to bubble on the top (uncooked side).
- The second side of the steak needs less grilling time that the first.
- Baste steak with dale’s seasoning during cooking to enhance flavor even more.
Thickness 1” 1 ½” 2”
Rare 15-20 min. 20-25 min. 30-35 min.
Medium 20-25 min. 20-25 min. 20-25 min.
Well Done 25 min.
In order to prevent piercing the meat to check for doneness, which could allow juices to escape, you can utilize another technique. This method involves comparing the feel of your hand to the meat on the grill. By holding your hand flat and pressing against the meaty part of the palm (just below your thumb), you’ll mimic the leanness of a rare cooked steak. Continue to compare the feel of your grilled steak to how your palm feels while touching your thumb to each one of your fingers. Move from your index finger to your pinky to feel the difference between medium-rare to well –done.